Home Internet PPPoE

SopheakMang
Building a reputation

Home Internet PPPoE

Dear expert ,

I have Meraki at HQ do VPN-Con , Paloalto is the internet gateway.

i have another MX64 using FTTH ( PPPoE) , could MX64 peer VPN to MX at HQ (VPN-con) ?

i don't know if it can peer vpn , cuz FTTH just a normal home internet , no public ip that i can do port forward.

Please help verify on this.

Thanks expert

4 Replies 4
route_map
Building a reputation

I have a home MX64 directly connect to my provider via PPPoE

And i have a s2s vpn to the MX65 at the office

Only issue with my home router/mx as you say, the IP is dynamic, meaning i have to manually change it every few days when it has changed.

Otherwise everything else work just the same

The MX64 at home should have no issues building the AutoVPN tunnel towards your VPN concentrator. Even if the IP address is dynamic and even if there's a NAT step in between, that's the magic of the cloud brokering.

In some cases NAT can cause issues, the dashboard will report about it if that is the case:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Troubleshooting_VPN_Registration_for_Meraki_Aut...

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Not sure if anyone specified - this will work if the devices are in the same org and can do autovpn. I have multiple clients that use AutoVPN between devices with dynamic IPs.

Otherwise, you'll need to find a way to get a static at your home address, and do a third party tunnel.

route_map
Building a reputation

my MX at home and the MX at work are in two different orgs and it works just fine using non-meraki VPN

Only bummer is that i need to change the IP manually of my home device

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels