Going from Fortinet to Cisco Meraki MX68

Pluto
New here

Going from Fortinet to Cisco Meraki MX68

This is Pluto - Hope everyone is well! Would like to know if anyone has recently or in the past converted from Fortinet firewall to Cisco Meraki MX68? With no conversion tool this process is one I would like to gain some insight on so I’m here reaching out. Any suggestions, tips or a good consultant anyone would like to recommend. Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Pluto ,

we undertook such a migration for a customer a couple of years back across their estate.  Something like 15+ firewalls migrated to Meraki MXs.

It’s all in the prep.  We went through every firewall rule on their Fortigates and documented them. The rules were reviewed with the customer and amendments made.

We then pre-configured the MXs prior to deployment and migrated over weekends and evenings to allow for issues to be resolved.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's going to be a lot of work!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels