Getting Upstream from my Z1

SOLVED
cmiarshvac
Getting noticed

Getting Upstream from my Z1

I know I have seen this answer in the community before but I cannot find the thread so here is a repost.  

I have a Z1, serving a 192.168.100.0/24 network 

The Z1 is downstream from my ISP modem/router  serving a 192.168.1.0/24 (Z1 has the address 192.168.1.16)

My laptop on the Z1's subnet (192.168.100.X) and I want to view the upstream router's web page (192.168.1.1)

When I try to get to that address in my browser, I get a #connection status page for the Z1.  I added a static route which, in my mind, says to get to the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet, go through the gateway. I was thinking that I really didn't need it because any unresolved addresses should go there anyway.  Can someone please clear up my thinking here.  What am I missing?

As always, all help is appreciated.  I have a feeling I am missing something fundamental here.

#connection page#connection pagestatic routestatic route

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Remove the static route, that is definitely not the right thing.

Because the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet is directly connected, you should be able to just browse to the ISP router.

This is assuming you don't have a full VPN tunnel configured.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Remove the static route, that is definitely not the right thing.

Because the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet is directly connected, you should be able to just browse to the ISP router.

This is assuming you don't have a full VPN tunnel configured.

Deleted Static Route. No luck on reaching upstream. Am I missing a configuration setting for this #connection status page?

Try reaching that using Incognito mode

I've had some trouble myself with the local status page being flaky sometimes

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Nolan,

Thanks for the reply. Tried incognito and it still directs me to the #connection page.

I tested this at home and I was able to get past my MX and onto my AT&T router login page without anything special. MX configuration is standard out of the box.

It would appear that maybe you have some sort of rule or something causing this. Assuming you've rebooted as well.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Nolan,

I am taking a look at any rules that might be affecting this. Thanks for the reply and verification on your end.

As mentioned your MX is bridging so not sure why this isn't working. maybe try a different browser. Also give the MX unit a reboot maybe your static route did something funky to it. 

I was looking into this again, I thought I had deleted the static route. I hadn't. Now it is removed and all my problem is fixed. Thanks to all for helping me through this user-generated problem.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels