Geoblocking Sint Maarten

SOLVED
DannyR76
Here to help

Geoblocking Sint Maarten

I usually block all but a very few countries using the geo-blocking feature on the MX-84. It has greatly cut down malicious traffic - (to the best of my knowledge).

I will say at the outset that firewalls are not my greatest skill set. 

I have explained that to my users, so if they are going out of country (outside the US) they will tell me and I will unblock that country. 

It has worked well so far. 

I have two questions:

1. I have a user going to Sint Maarten, the Dutch side of St. Martin island. There is a geo-block choice for the french side of St. Martin but not for the Dutch side. How do I block/unblock Sint Maarten? Or is it even being blocked in the first place? 
    [I have the IP ranges for both sides but it is a very scattered list.]
  2. Is this the best way to geo-block? Or should I even bother? It seems like it stops a lot of traffic (geo-blocking) and I've got only the countries we need allowed in. I figured the more I can close the "window" so to speak the less that can get through that I don't want in. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did. I didn't like the answer and thought I would check here to see if anyone else had run across this. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think that in this case the best option is to ask the Meraki support.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I did. I didn't like the answer and thought I would check here to see if anyone else had run across this. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels