Flow Preferences

SOLVED
LudwigD
Getting noticed

Flow Preferences

I have two ISP: WAN1 and WAN2

I would like to send all activity from my SONOS system through WAN2. So I configured:

Flow Pref.png

192.168.128.87 is the fixed IP of the SONOS Bridge in my system. 

Looking at the "Live Usage" in the Meraki App I see that all usage is still through WAN1

In the documentation I read:

Configure the preference similarly to the rule shown below. In this case, the Local IP range of 192.168.128.252/32 is the internal device referenced in a 1:1 NAT rule, and the Preferred uplink is the one using the public IP reference in the same rule.

1-1NAT.png

But here I cannot follow any more, as I am not an IT professional (Home use of Meraki System)... 

Do I still have to make a 1:1 NAT rule (or Layer 3 Firewall ?). Can You please give me an example.....

Help very appreciated, and Many thanks in advance !!!!

LD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If there is an existing cached flow the change does not kick in immediately.  Also it only affects not connections - not connections already in existance.  Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or so.

If you have the ability to restart your MX - you could do that to force it to kick in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If there is an existing cached flow the change does not kick in immediately.  Also it only affects not connections - not connections already in existance.  Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or so.

If you have the ability to restart your MX - you could do that to force it to kick in.

Many thanks ! I'll give this a try.

So, if I understand well, I do not need any extra NAT or Layer 3 rules.

LudwigD

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Correct.

Thanks again, was very helpful !

LD

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels