Flow Preferences by Application / Type / Website

SOLVED
ClydeCamp
New here

Flow Preferences by Application / Type / Website

Is there a way to setup a flow preference for say youtube.com to only go out WAN 2?

It would also be nice if flow preferences could be setup like traffic shaping rules. "iTunes" and groups like "Video and Music" "Social Media" among others I'd love to be able to only send that traffic out over WAN 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope, not at this time. Right now Internet flow preferences are src/dst IP/Port only 😞

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope, not at this time. Right now Internet flow preferences are src/dst IP/Port only 😞

I figured, well hopefully it's added in the future.

Hope you hit your make a wish button and submitted your feature request..... I'm doing that now.
Yinan
Comes here often

Is there a hidden feature that I can request the support team to open in the dashboard?  or alternatively I can access the Internet traffic preference API right now?  Because website-based PbR is very useful for my customers.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would expect something like this in the future because the MX is basically capable of doing this. For SD-WAN there is the Application-aware local breakout which is nearly the same. It "just" has to be adopted for internet-traffic. But if it will be implemented, I fear that Meraki wants the SD-WAN license for this ...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels