Flow Preference to use WAN2 for specific users (and have a different Public IP)

SOLVED
akan33
Building a reputation

Flow Preference to use WAN2 for specific users (and have a different Public IP)

hi all,

as there's no outbound NAT functionality and I have a requirement to use a different public IP for certain VLAN I was thinking of using the WAN2 interface for this VLAN, and therefore have a different Public IP. Is there anyone using this feature? if so, what is the experience with it? 

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MacuserJim
A model citizen

I use it in a few locations and it has worked pretty well for my needs. I have VoIP phones and found that during calls it would sometimes change the WAN it was using and cause issues for the call, so I set up the flow preference to keep that traffic going out the same WAN and keeping the same public IP as not to screw up the call.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MacuserJim
A model citizen

I use it in a few locations and it has worked pretty well for my needs. I have VoIP phones and found that during calls it would sometimes change the WAN it was using and cause issues for the call, so I set up the flow preference to keep that traffic going out the same WAN and keeping the same public IP as not to screw up the call.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yup, this would work just fine. The caveat would be that is WAN2 fails you won't be able to stop your specific VLAN from using WAN1 in the event that WAN2 fails. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels