Firewall info What are the IP addresses behind api.meraki.com?

VincentVIGS
New here

Firewall info What are the IP addresses behind api.meraki.com?

Hi everybody,

I am preparing to install an MX68 that will be located behind a firewall before accessing the internet. And I need to know the IP addresses to which the FQDN api.meraki.com redirects. This is in order to correctly configure the port opening on the firewall.

Thanking you in advance

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The api doesnt configure the mx itself. It configures  the meraki dashboard (cloud) config. That will be pushed to the mx using the meraki management tunnel

Or are you accessing/configuring the meraki dashboard api from behind that same mx?

VincentVIGS
New here

Hi ww,

I don't access or configure the meraki dashboard api from behind that same mx. So I don't need to configure this on the firewall, that's it ?

I have an other question, maybe you can answer me.

Can I configure the MX with a NTP server different from the MERAKI one ?

Thanks

No, it's not possible, you just can configure the time zone.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think what you are actually asking is - what firewall rules are require to allow the MX68 to work.

Go to the ? in the top right hand corner, and then down to "Firewall info".

PhilipDAth_0-1709839992885.png

Hi PhilipDath,

Thanks for your reply but I'm already aware of that. And I'm already basing these informations for the firewall configuration. But it's about a special private connection that requires the use of a dedicated NTP.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels