Feature Request - Traffic Shaping Rule Scheduling and Speedburst Customization Settings

CharlesIsWorkin
Building a reputation

Feature Request - Traffic Shaping Rule Scheduling and Speedburst Customization Settings

What's up my dudes?

I have already submitted these using the Make A Wish button, but I wanted to bring them here as well.

My first request is that I would like to be able to schedule when traffic shaping rules are enforced. 

Like for instance, at night, I might suspend some rules and perhaps increase per client limits to do online backups and grab windows updates and stuff like that. During the work day, limits would get put back on for Voip prioritization and the default traffic shaping rules that Meraki provides in the dashboard.

Any other aspects you guys can think of concerning this customization?

My 2nd thought was specifically with the Speedburst checkbox. I would like to customize speedburst to allow for a time customization, like change it from the default of 5 seconds to something else. And perhaps bandwidth customization as well. Maybe some other aspects you guys think of?

Well there ya go, just wanted to throw these out there for discussion, and hopefully get noticed by the Mods. 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hey @CharlesIsWorkin 

Not sure if it'll work for you, but if you apply traffic shaping rules with a Group Policy you can use scheduling. You can schedule when the GP takes effect, which by extension would be when the traffic shaping takes effect. 

But yeh... You can't do it globally right now 😞

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

One workaround currently might be to use the API. My thought would be to apply the policies you want at night, then in the morning reapply the VOIP policies you want.

That is a great idea @SoCalRacer .  A simple script fired off by the Windows Task Scheduler.

I like your suggestion, SoCalRacer! Now if only I knew how to use the API....I'm so green to that side of things.

I am new to the API, been messing around with it the last couple days. Let me see if I can try something to do that.

Just checking back in. Any other thoughts?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels