Event loge: All IP Conflict - Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

MMD
Conversationalist

Event loge: All IP Conflict - Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch

Hello,

Any idea about receiving the event logs "Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch" for the computers in the network?
The devices' log shows it gets proper IP in proper VLAN.   

Screenshot.png

appreciate your thought and idea
Regards,

4 Replies 4
ntuccillo
Here to help

I actually currently have this issue, but have chosen to ignore it since it hasn't had any impact on anything. What'd I'd do is look up the MACs by going to Network Wide -> Clients and see what comes up. Maybe there are 2 devices with same MAC address but with different IPs? Maybe 2 of the same IPs on 2 different MACs? See where they're getting an IP from. You can also check to make sure they are in their proper VLAN. But, this happened on my MX and I believe it's because of the way I configured the ports on it. However as I mentioned, it hasn't impacted anything so I let it be.

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It looks like some of your clients are using APIPA addressing, so are using the IPv4 link-local addressing of 169.254.0.0/16.

Yes. I should've looked at the Event Log more carefully. Clients aren't receiving I.P.s from the DHCP server. Make sure you set up DHCP server correctly whether you are relaying or setting up Meraki as one.

MMD
Conversationalist

We have the DHCPs on MX.
As much as I'm aware the APIPA address will be assign to devices automatically if they are not able to reach to the DHCP server. However this does not seem to be the case here as the devices have assigned the IPs by our DHCP, when I'm looking at client logs. And no error or problem shows on DHCP logs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels