Event Log - Content Filtering - Wired Clients

Solved
SPieroni
Here to help

Event Log - Content Filtering - Wired Clients

I recently upgraded our MX84s to 17.10.2 and am trying to work through some content filtering issues.  Since the issue is with embedded pages the the URL's aren't always clearly defined.  In looking at the event log the wired devices are appearing as the MAC of the core switch.  Is there a way to show the true client information either device name, IP or MAC?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Since the issue is with embedded pages the the URL's aren't always clearly defined.

Use Chrome developer tools.  Press CTRL+SHIFT+I, make sure you are on the network tab, and then load (/reload) the page.  It will show everything being retrieved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have tried changing the client tracking?

alemabrahao_0-1674147240647.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Client-Tracking_Options#Track_by_IP

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Since the issue is with embedded pages the the URL's aren't always clearly defined.

Use Chrome developer tools.  Press CTRL+SHIFT+I, make sure you are on the network tab, and then load (/reload) the page.  It will show everything being retrieved.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think this will do the trick!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels