Dual MX for HA with load balancing

Rakesh_Kumar
Here to help

Dual MX for HA with load balancing

Hi All, I am looking for new Wireless Network design for my office which should include Hardware failure resiliency with two WAN for load balancing feature. I am not sure if both these feature can be achieve with single Meraki design . Can anyone guide if internet load balancing can be achieve with HA resiliency ?

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can use 2 wan ports and load balance on the primary (or backup) mx.

But only 1 mx can be active at the same time.

@ww  thank you for replying.

in that case do i need 3 WAN connection, Two in primary MX for load balancing and 1 WAN on spare MX for resiliency ? Do you have any network design which you can guide anyway ?

Rakesh_Kumar_1-1678638356052.png

Check the general best practices.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Typically both MXes are connected to both ISPs. Two MX, two ISPs (with at least /29 subnet) and you need to make sure that both MX devices can physically connect to both ISP. For this 2 switches are often used between the MXes and ISP routers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels