Does Talos still block Fiery printing protocol over Client VPN w/no way to allow?

Solved
IT_Tropolis
Getting noticed

Does Talos still block Fiery printing protocol over Client VPN w/no way to allow?

Hi:

I'd like to know if Talos still blocks the EFI Fiery printing protocol over Client VPN with no way to allow.  Thus, I cannot update an MX past 15.44 firmware version because many users in the network use the Fiery Command WorkStation s/w when connected to Client VPN to print to a Fiery print server that is connected to a large Canon copier/printer.

Thank you,
Bob H.

1 Accepted Solution
IT_Tropolis
Getting noticed

Update:  I've updated firmware to version that uses NBAR and Talos, kept the Layer 7 rule denying all peer-to-peer traffic, and confirmed that printing is not denied from the Fiery Command Workstation s/w to Fiery printer when user is connected to Client VPN.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
IT_Tropolis
Getting noticed

Update:  I've updated firmware to version that uses NBAR and Talos, kept the Layer 7 rule denying all peer-to-peer traffic, and confirmed that printing is not denied from the Fiery Command Workstation s/w to Fiery printer when user is connected to Client VPN.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels