Deleting existing VLAN

Solved
melvyn-lee
Here to help

Deleting existing VLAN

I am having difficulty deleting an existing VLAN within the Addressing & VLAN page on the dashboard of my MX64 Router / Firewall. When I try to delete the VLAN the following error message is generated "There were errors in saving this configuration. The IP address range 192.168.201.0/24 does not apply to any configured local or VPN subnets", despite the fact the subnet is listed. I note that the appearance of the subnet table on the Addressing & VLAN page has changed since Firmware Upgrade MX17.7, which took place a week ago. I suspect the upgrade has caused the problem but the only way I could prove it would be to restore the previous version although I am reluctant to do that.

Has anyone experienced a similar VLAN problem ? I have raised a Support Case and am awaiting a response.

1 Accepted Solution
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ww.

Deleting two firewall rules pertaining to the VLAN subnet then allowed me to delete the VLAN. Many thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @ww indicated you're still referencing that subnet in a firewall rules somewhere. You need to delete the rule (or change the subnet on the rule) before deleting the vlan.

When looking at the error it from that point of view it's logical, but it could definitely be more user friendly/readable. 

Hi Brash. You are absolutely correct, deleting the two firewall rules allowed me to delete the VLAN. The error message was no help at all.

Many thanks for your help, greatly appreciated.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The last time this happened to me it was because a NAT rule referenced an IP address in the VLAN being deleted.

melvyn-lee
Here to help

Hi PhilipDAth. Many thanks for your advice. I did have a 1:1 NAT that referred to the VLAN subnet but I had already deleted it. I discovered that a Firewall Rule also had reference to that subnet. Once I deleted the rule I was able to delete the VLAN.

Thanks Again, your advice is greatly appreciated

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels