cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard - can you group Networks together ?

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Dashboard - can you group Networks together ?

Hi

For one customer, or Organisation we will have 100+ sites.

Having looked at https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_whitepaper_large_scale_deployments.pdf

it implies you can group a number of netwroks together into an organisation;

"A dashboard organization contains one or more dashboard networks (i.e., networks are children
of organizations). "

But looking at

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Meraki_Dashboard...

it seems an organisation is completely separate, like an entirely different entity;

"Even though a single account can access multiple organizations, each organization is treated entirely independently. Therefore, licensing, inventory, users, and configurations are all kept within an organization. "

Having looked at the menu options, it would seem the latter is true ?

Is there a way to group a number of Networsk together into one container, which then opens up to a separate level.

e.g

Tier 1 sites

Tier 2 sites

Region A

Region B

etc.

Otherwise the top-level dashboard will get very unwieldy with 100+ networks to scroll through, or else hard to manage if you can't sub-divide them.

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Building a reputation

Re: Dashboard - can you group Networks together ?

HI, 

both is true...

A dashboard org contains one or more networks

An organisation is a separate entity 

A lot of location (eq. networks)  will end up in a lot of networks, which tends to get confusing.

Still you can not have like many hierarchy. 

So either on organisation with a lot of networks. 

Many organisation is in my opinion not an option, as you probably would like to have communication between the sites.

rgds

roger 

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

You can kinda do this with tags, kinda.

You can put a tag on a network, like "Tier1".  Then in Organization/Overview you can display networks with a tag (using search).

Highlighted
Getting noticed

hi Roger,

Thank you for the reply.
It sounds like there is no simple way .....

To reply to your comment on hierarchy I would only like one top level hierarchy, with a small number of 'categories'.

e.g.

Datacentres (x2)

Large Sites (x5)

Type A sites (x45)

Type B sites (x50)

Regards,

Ian

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Hi

@Phil 

Thank you.

That's a possibility, or I suppose I could adhere to a naming convention and just use search in the overview ;-]

Thx for seeding that idea.

Regards,

Ian

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.