Dashboard - can you group Networks together ?

swifty
Getting noticed

Dashboard - can you group Networks together ?

Hi

For one customer, or Organisation we will have 100+ sites.

Having looked at https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_whitepaper_large_scale_deployments.pdf

it implies you can group a number of netwroks together into an organisation;

"A dashboard organization contains one or more dashboard networks (i.e., networks are children
of organizations). "

But looking at

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Meraki_Dashboard...

it seems an organisation is completely separate, like an entirely different entity;

"Even though a single account can access multiple organizations, each organization is treated entirely independently. Therefore, licensing, inventory, users, and configurations are all kept within an organization. "

Having looked at the menu options, it would seem the latter is true ?

Is there a way to group a number of Networsk together into one container, which then opens up to a separate level.

e.g

Tier 1 sites

Tier 2 sites

Region A

Region B

etc.

Otherwise the top-level dashboard will get very unwieldy with 100+ networks to scroll through, or else hard to manage if you can't sub-divide them.

Ian

4 REPLIES 4
rwiesmann
A model citizen

HI, 

both is true...

A dashboard org contains one or more networks

An organisation is a separate entity 

A lot of location (eq. networks)  will end up in a lot of networks, which tends to get confusing.

Still you can not have like many hierarchy. 

So either on organisation with a lot of networks. 

Many organisation is in my opinion not an option, as you probably would like to have communication between the sites.

rgds

roger 

hi Roger,

Thank you for the reply.
It sounds like there is no simple way .....

To reply to your comment on hierarchy I would only like one top level hierarchy, with a small number of 'categories'.

e.g.

Datacentres (x2)

Large Sites (x5)

Type A sites (x45)

Type B sites (x50)

Regards,

Ian

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can kinda do this with tags, kinda.

You can put a tag on a network, like "Tier1".  Then in Organization/Overview you can display networks with a tag (using search).

Hi

@Phil 

Thank you.

That's a possibility, or I suppose I could adhere to a naming convention and just use search in the overview ;-]

Thx for seeding that idea.

Regards,

Ian

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels