DNS Issues

SOLVED
Cozzycam
Here to help

DNS Issues

Hi all,

Got my Meraki switch, AP and Router set up & have been using it for a good year with no issues! Great fun to play with! I have the Router plugged into my ISP (EE) router as a modem.

There was circuit maintenance the other day & since, I've had to manually configure DNS servers on the endpoints to 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 for them to work, otherwise, it fails to find DNS. can ping IPs but not domain names.

The router is configured to point to the EE router for DNS. The Switch and AP are pointing to the Meraki router, but are both reporting "DNS is Misconfigured" error. 

Have turned the WiFi back on the EE router for testing & devices connected directly to the EE WiFi can find DNS with no configuration required.

I have also tried putting the EE Router in as Primary DNS for the Meraki Switch & AP, but still, no luck getting it to work.

Any ideas you lovely people?

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configure static DNS on the MX to point to either the same settings that are on the EE router or a public DNS such as 1.1.1.1 it should then hand that out to clients via dhcp.

Perhaps the EE router has had an update that is stopping the MX get DNS settings from it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Configure static DNS on the MX to point to either the same settings that are on the EE router or a public DNS such as 1.1.1.1 it should then hand that out to clients via dhcp.

Perhaps the EE router has had an update that is stopping the MX get DNS settings from it.

Thanks mate! That's done it!

Tried everything but that solution it would seem!

Really appreciate the help there.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No problem, I had to do the same with a BT hub...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels