DMZ

SOLVED
Flat4vw
Conversationalist

DMZ

Hello first time poster been lurking.

I have read the documentation for creating a DMZ and it s fairly simple but the document goes into ACL and other items  I will not be doing. 

My setup is such, MX100 at the HQ runs everything. Behind that is a mx65 that we use in the lab. This had been working flawless until we move one of our applications to the vendors cloud that require a non meraki vpn. We have several sites around out state that are spokes to the MX100. We use the autovpn a ton. All of the sites connect to the non meraki vpn just fine. Except the lab (this also setup to be a spoke) because it uses the same public ip that the mx100 uses to connect  the HQ to the vendor. It caused a double vpn to the vendor and it just caused issues. 

Someone mention to use a free port on the mx100 create the dmz vlan and plug it in. Since its a spoke it should connect to the autovpn and it should be able to connect to the non meraki vpn. 

Is it as simple as the above?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The DMZ sounds like an easy fix.  Another option is to get a dedicated cheap Internet circuit for the lab, making it more like a real site.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, I'm not sure. If it's just for a Lab I think you can try.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The DMZ sounds like an easy fix.  Another option is to get a dedicated cheap Internet circuit for the lab, making it more like a real site.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels