DHCP for new Dell thin client

Screasey
Here to help

DHCP for new Dell thin client

We are adding Dell thin clients running the new Windows 10 IOT os. I ned to add some DHCP options and would like to run it from the MX84 we have but cannot find a way to add the options correctly. My question is, can this be done or do I need to relay to a windows box? OPtions I need to add are below. If I select custom under DHCP options, I do not have the ability to add a URL for option 165, a false flag for the 167 option, name for option 199.

165 WMS server - 

167 CA Validation

199 Group Token

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can add options to a DHCP scope under Security & SD-WAN > DHCP.

image.png

The tricky part is adding them correctly. You'll need to refer to the docs for your thinclients to determine the correct format for those options, and add them to the Meraki Dashboard accordingly.

That is the problem I am running into. The options available under "custom" will not allow me to input the correct format. I did not know if there was another way to possibly add the options?

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Are you getting an error when you try? Can you show me that error?

What is the format that your trying to input?

Did you change the Type field from IP to TEXT etc.?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

This works for me, but I don't know if "text" is correct for your thin clients

image.png

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Doing a bit of googling is looks like 165 is a string (text), 167 is a string (text: FALSE) and 199 is also a string.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/ca/en/cabsdt1/wyse-wms/wms_1.0_ag/creating-and-configuring-dhcp...

So I think if you follow my example above for those three options you should be good to go. 

Yes, you are correct. We are testing now. I was not thinking about the "text" option correctly. I appreciate the input from everyone. I will reply once testing has been completed. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels