DDoS cloud protection through Meraki SD-WAN

Milesmet
New here

DDoS cloud protection through Meraki SD-WAN

I have 4 sites fulled mesh'ed on SD-WAN.

Dual links at each site are both public internet and whilst I have meraki security features and 3rd party firewalls, I would like cloud based DDoS protection. I know traditionally a MPLS link was implemented to a DDoS cloud protection service or a gre built, ha anyone done this with meraki sd-wan or can offer advise on alternatives?

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know anyone offering this.  It they did it would be regional, and I don't know where in the world you are.

Probably the cheapest DDOS protection is to get an Internet service with a dynamic IP.  If the link gets saturated by a DDOS simply take the link down and up and you'll get a new public IP address.

DanielKritikos
Getting noticed

Hey Miles, I am 1+ Phil's answer here. one right way to do this would be to get it on the ISP line, and prevent it before it gets to you.

We have Colt IP Access, and I am persuing their IP Guardian. 

I know Colt services are quite globally wide spread, 

If you are high up on the risk model, or your fallout risk is damaging, maybe you might want to look into Colt's solutions. 

here is there info page on it. 

https://www.colt.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IP_Guardian_Datasheet-English.pdf

javalins
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Most (if not all) SPs do this in their networks, MPLS or Internet core - there could be extra complexity for marginal improvement to the security story doing this at the branch. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels