DDNS point to wrong IP Address, Is it possible to check LOG for this change ?

simpson
Here to help

DDNS point to wrong IP Address, Is it possible to check LOG for this change ?

Hi all, I'm using Meraki MX95 for 2 boxes, It work ok for 3 years with no problems, but during last week all of my client cannot connect VPN to office. root cause came from DDNS dynamic-m.com point hostname to IP Address of my Spare Box.

Now they already switch back to Primary box after pass almost 3 days. I need to report this incident to management and prevention for next time.

May I have some advise from below question.

1. How come they suddenly change IP to Spare Box ?  <-- I'm check in my UPS and LOG, they is no power outage during this 3 month. Just update firmware before problems for 1 week.

2. Can we check date/time they change on dynamic-m.com ? when they change IP and when they switch back ? can we query log from our client side ?

3. In Meraki, Do they have any tools to check this change ? I'm try to change in Monitor for (Alert + Change LOG) no information can be help. Please kindly advise.

Thank in advance.

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>How come they suddenly change IP to Spare Box

The MXs probably failed over.  Another possibility is the Internet circuit went down on the primary MX.

You mention the issue only started since a firmware upgrade.  Are you running a current stable firmware release?  You could try rolling back to see if the issue goes away.

Hi PhilipDAth,  

Thank you  for your advise, Let me check and get back you  ASAP

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels