Creating Guest network and Internal network on MX84

TBQ
Comes here often

Creating Guest network and Internal network on MX84

Hello everyone,

Sorry for my basic question. I`ve joined a company and we are using MX84 device to work as a Security appliance, MX84 provides DHCP to clients with network class 192.168.3.0/24, company configured Unifi AP behind the MX84 and in currently using.

I`ve created Guest network, using 192.168.5.0/24, and vlan ID 5, DHCP of this subnet is on Unifi cloud but when i connect to Guest network, i still receive the the network 192.168.3.x/24 from MX84.

I hope anyone can help me to address this ? we expect to have two separated network Internal (192.168.3.0 - existing on MX84)  and Guest ( 192.168.5.0 - New vlan, configured on Unifi)

Below is existing configure, it has done previously IT

TBQ_0-1615862223866.png

TBQ_1-1615862320896.png
DHCP on MX84

TBQ_2-1615862450592.png

Thanks all very much

2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Typically you need:

• configure the VLAN 5 with all IP-settings and DHCP-scope on the MX.
  • make sure VLAN5 is transported on the Link between MX and switch. The MX-port does this by default, but also look at the Switch-Uplink-port.
  • configure the switch port to the APs as trunk and make sure VLAN5 is tagged on this port.
  • configure the SSID to bridge the traffic to the LAN using the VLAN5.
TBQ
Comes here often

Hello KarstenI,

Thanks very much for your guiding, i will update the configure this weekend and keep you posted

Cheers

Tang

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels