Content Filtering

SOLVED
HTH
Conversationalist

Content Filtering

I have a problem with Content Filtering. I have URL's being blocked even though it does not look like these are categorized under any blocked category. For example, the URL http://inschool.gr/ is blocked even though it is in the Education category which is not blocked.

Additionally, it looks like the URL is still blocked even after adding it to the Allowed URL list

I have no Group Policies blocking content and the URL in question is not in the Blocked URL list.

Any idea what I could be missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

HTH
Conversationalist

MX 18.106

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have same issue with version  17.10.4?

HTH
Conversationalist

No, the problem appeared after going from 17.10.2 to 18.106. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

well, version still stable candidate release, so I suggest you to open a support case ou downgrade It.

HTH
Conversationalist

Well, I'll try downgrading to see if this solves the problem first. Thanks for your help.

HTH
Conversationalist

The downgrade worked. The sites in question work normally now. That means that it has to do with 18.106 but what is the problem? Should I wait for a new version before upgrading?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to open a support case.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the content filtering page, there is a link to lookup the category of a URL.  Try using that to verify which category the system thinks it is in.

HTH
Conversationalist

Yes, I tried it. In the example above it lists the site under Education but the category is not blocked. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels