Content Filtering by Category not working

Rhys80
Comes here often

Content Filtering by Category not working

We are trying to apply a group policy on our MX450, which will content filter by category.  I have all categories blocked except two for testing purpose, and applied it to an AD group where I am the only member.  Confirmed my client is also set to the policy.  If I put in block url pattern, the url is blocked, but otherwise I am still able to access all sites.

Firmware version is  MX 16.16

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Rhys80 , could you please share the configuration of your group policy and integration with AD?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Also, check this article https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Configuring_Active_Direc... and confirm if all configurations needed have been done.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try logging out and back in again to produce a fresh event log entry on the AD controller.

Does the AD controller Audit Log show you login in even (otherwise you may need to adjust your audit policy).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels