VPN authentication with Azure AD?

Sharjeel_Bashir
Comes here often

VPN authentication with Azure AD?

Hello, 

Is there a way to use Azure AD as the authentication method for the VPN connections in Cisco Meraki?

I know, it's possible with the on-premises AD but I didn't find anything for Azure AD.

Thanks,

Sharjeel

5 REPLIES 5

Thank you! but we want to achieve this with the native windows based VPN client! 

Make_IT_Simple
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

There is no easy way to do it, the only thing I can think of it is to build an IPsec tunnel between your MX and Azure. Use radius for authentication or AD and point the MX to the private IP of your server which should be reachable through non-meraki VPN.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can choose between two methods:

• Rock-solid reliable Cisco AnyConnect using SAML to Azure AD.  No on-premise resources are required.  It will always "just work".
  • Deploy Microsoft NPS Server.  Install the Azure MFA extension to talk to Azure AD.  Use the Microsoft Client VPN.  Tends to break a couple of times a year.  Really hard to debug and get going again.
Sharjeel_Bashir
Comes here often

I appreciate each one of you taking the time out of your busy schedules to respond and assist me with this. The Cisco AnyConnect is unquestionably the best choice, but at this point, it depends on the client's willingness to pay extra for it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels