Connectivity gaps - firewall Meraki cloud traffic block

SOLVED
Gunter
Conversationalist

Connectivity gaps - firewall Meraki cloud traffic block

Hello Meraki fans 🙂

I have a problem with connectivity status of my switches and APs. After some test I'm sure that this is related with the firewall policy I setup. At the end of my firewall policy I added "Explicit rule"

obraz.png

I added also rules which allow traffic to the Meraki dashboard (base on THIS topic):

obraz.png

After that my connectivity status look like this:

There is a lot of 1 minutes of disconnections

obraz.pngobraz.png

Yesterday I allow whole traffic to the Internet for testing purposes and Connectivity status look very good:

obraz.pngobraz.png

If any one know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Gunter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

I don't know for certain if they keep that article you have linked up to date (I would hope and imagine they would), but you can also check the Help>Firewall Info within your own dashboard to see the specifics and updated rules needed for proper communication. It's also linked from the article you posted. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

I don't know for certain if they keep that article you have linked up to date (I would hope and imagine they would), but you can also check the Help>Firewall Info within your own dashboard to see the specifics and updated rules needed for proper communication. It's also linked from the article you posted. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
Gunter
Conversationalist

Thank you for the link, I've just update my rules and I will check how the situation looks like after some time. I will share my test with you.

Gunter
Conversationalist

I've configured firewall as was in your link and now everything is fine. Thank you for your support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels