Configure WAN2 doesn't save

Phearin_Seng
Comes here often

Configure WAN2 doesn't save

Hi all,

Currently, we try to configure WAN2 on MX84 while WAN1 is still working as usual. We found that after save the configuration, the setting didn't show up. 

Setting.png2024-01-04 14_17_30-Security & SD-WAN - Meraki Dashboard.png

What could be root cause or advise to troubleshooting this kind of issue? 

Thanks,

P

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried configuring it via the local status page?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It should work, you need to connect the upstream device now.

If you press the pencil behind wan2 you should see the desired static config

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you configure via dashboard then your config should be in there if you click on the edit button.  However the status will only show the IP address once your MX WAN2 is up and working on that configuration.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you click the edit icon for WAN 2 you'll see the static IP is saved. On the main status page it won't show up unless it becomes usable/starts working. I would confirm the circuit is working. Have you tested by connecting a host to the WAN 2 provider directly with that static IP?

The interface could be failing to come up due to ARP failures or something else related to dashboard connection monitor. Sometimes the provider equipment learns the MAC of the connected host and needs to be reset to see a new connection. Or, if possible maybe simply reboot the MX to see if that makes a difference.

@Ryan_Miles We confirmed that from up stream device to a host is working very well. 

and we could confirm that the upstream device connecting to MX via WAN2, we saw the Green LED Indicator on that port too. The weird thing is that when we tried to save the configuration, it doesn't show up in the dashboard of WAN2. 

Thanks,

I can see via the config file that it indeed did save the IP configuration. I would recommend opening a support case at this point so an engineer can help troubleshoot it.

@Ryan_Miles Noted with thank for your feedback. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels