SOLVED
Highlighted
Conversationalist

Communication in Wan 2 is failed - SDWAN

Hi dears,

Community I need your help.

MX-HQ - MX in the HQ

MX-B - MX in the branch

I am trying run SD-WAN between HQ and branch, in wan 1 have connected a DIA and in wan 2 have connected the circuit mpls.

The communication in wan 1 is successfully to MX-HQ throug Internet, but the communication in wan 2 throug mpls is failed.

I have tested make a ping from MX-B to MX-HQ through the mpls circuit but there is not response. however, a ping from MX-B to the router in the branch that want replace with other ip address is successfully.

The segment mpls is a /25. so that all devices in this segment can see each other.

Any idea about this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal

Re: Communication in Wan 2 is failed - SDWAN

@aedm87 wrote:
 But in my case is necessary two wan active to run SD-WAN and understand that is possible with one DIA and one MPLS.

Sorry, but this is not currently possible. 

10 REPLIES 10
Kind of a big deal

If you could provide us with screenshots of the addressing and vlans and SD-WAN and Traffic Shaping pages please 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Conversationalist

Hi Nolan, thank you for your response.

For now I have not configured nothing in SD-WAN and Traffic Shaping. only enable wan 2 how primary uplink.

In addressing and vlans only I have created the subnets and vlans of the lan. without static route and of course the mx in mode routed.

Kind of a big deal

@aedm87 wrote:

and in wan 2 have connected the circuit mpls.

This is not supported. Meraki requires Internet access on the WAN ports of an MX. You cannot connect Private MPLS to the WAN port. You must use a LAN port (which means you can't use SD-WAN).

Conversationalist

Hi Jdsilva,

The Model is a MX67C, this model only has one wan but I enabled one lan port to that work it like a secondary wan.

you want tell me that is not necessary converted one lan port to wan port to connected the mpls circuit?

In that case, I understand then I would not really have load balancing between wan 1 and wan 2.
Head in the Cloud

Are you trying to do something like AutoVPN as well as MPLS?

If so, Meraki has a document here on how to configure a failover situation. Please note that it does not discuss load balancing across the two links, as they are not both WAN.

Please also note that it clearly shows the MPLS connected as a LAN connection, as opposed to WAN. You might also find this article useful.

Conversationalist

Hi Nash,

Are you trying to do something like AutoVPN as well as MPLS?
Yes, that is the objective.

The documentation that you mentionate I have review it already. But in my case is necessary two wan active to run SD-WAN and understand that is possible with one DIA and one MPLS.
Kind of a big deal

@aedm87 wrote:
 But in my case is necessary two wan active to run SD-WAN and understand that is possible with one DIA and one MPLS.

Sorry, but this is not currently possible. 

Kind of a big deal

You can run AutoVPN over MPLS.  This is the deployment guide.  It allows for full SDN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Configuring_Site-to-site_VPN_over_MPLS

You can use MPLS with simple failover to AutoVPN:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MPLS_Failover_to_Meraki_Auto_VPN

There is also a super new beta feature called NO-NAT available in the 15.x code.  The documentation for this has been removed as it is being updated, but you could consider this option as well.

Conversationalist

Wow that if is bad.

If the world is not perfect because technology has to be =(

Conversationalist

Thank you PhilipDAth,

I hope to release soon this version....
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.