Common Group policy

saravanakumar
Conversationalist

Common Group policy

Hi,

we have 100 location of MX devices and we need to apply common thread production,contend filtering,amp & IDS/IPS policies.

It is possibe? if yes please guide me. because any changes required manually we change all 100 location its difficult to do.

6 Replies 6
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

In the first instance I would suggest you look at using Meraki Templates:   https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_...

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...       Definitely read this one!!!

While it's not as flexible as using the Dashboard API, it's much simpler and directly available in the Dashboard UI.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @GreenMan stated, Meraki templates certainly make it easier to manage multiple different like networks. I do suggest however on reading up on the limitations, so you don't get caught out.

Otherwise invest some time looking into the API. Meraki is designed API first, meaning that most things you can do in the GUI, you can automate using the API.

Configuration template is not suitable here because we can't bind all network in same time due to the different LAN subnet and the network also in live production.

The API we need to study more.

Shubh3738
Building a reputation

Its not make any impact on your live production environment, Do it after the office hours and check the same.

Did you read the document fully?  Templates for MX caters for different LAN subnets per site (search for ‘unique’)

Shubh3738
Building a reputation

Yes, First create a Template and add bind all 100 locations with this created template.

All, policies, content filtering you can control from one place.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels