Client VPN: connecting to database hosted on work server

Solved
guest134
Conversationalist

Client VPN: connecting to database hosted on work server

I am setup with Client VPN access from work.  I can access the shared folder hosted at the office but I am unable to access the database hosted on the office network, nor can I remotely access the server desktop the database is hosted on.

Is this a firewall/database software issue or should I be able to access the database hosted on the office network?

I would also like to be able to remotely access the Windows server desktop the database is hosted on. Again, is this a firewall/remote access issue, or a VPN issue?

Thanks for your patience.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is most likely to be a Windows Firewall issue on the server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is most likely to be a Windows Firewall issue on the server.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@guest134 wrote:

I would also like to be able to remotely access the Windows server desktop the database is hosted on. Again, is this a firewall/remote access issue, or a VPN issue?

I have found that TeamViewer does a reasonable when it comes to accessing remote desktops.

However, when it comes to DBMS, most are designed for remote management. Have you tried the appropriate management tools? For MS - SQLServer Management Studio and for WinServer Admin - RSAT.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels