Client VPN authentication merhod

Solved
tantony
Head in the Cloud

Client VPN authentication merhod

I’m using Meraki cloud authentication for VPN. I have a single account for VPN users. Because of the virus everyone is working from home and some complained about disconnecting from VPN. 

I called Meraki and they said only 5 users can login with the same VPN account. I created some temp accounts and this seem to have solved the issue. 

If I use Active Directory authentication for VPN so that each user logs in with their Windows account, that should also solve the problem right?

1 Accepted Solution
Nash
Kind of a big deal

That limit is set on the firewall as a global setting. I.E. it applies to all VPN users. I've been told they can decrease it but not sure if they can increase it.

I would recommend setting up RADIUS auth with Windows AD, yes. NPS is pretty simple. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Nash
Kind of a big deal

That limit is set on the firewall as a global setting. I.E. it applies to all VPN users. I've been told they can decrease it but not sure if they can increase it.

I would recommend setting up RADIUS auth with Windows AD, yes. NPS is pretty simple. 

tantony
Head in the Cloud

@Nash 

I have the RADIUS auth with NPS setup and i just need to change it in Meraki. 

Thanks. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels