Client VPN (anyconnect) program Password expired resetting

sjlee
Comes here often

Client VPN (anyconnect) program Password expired resetting

Client VPN is set up on the Meraki MX equipment and SSLVPN service is in progress after LDAP connection with the VPN account AD server.

I think I heard that the anyconnect program cannot provide a reset pop-up window due to password expiration if a change is needed due to password expiration for the VPN account on the AD server.

Actually, I tried it, but the Anyconnect program only redirects me to login failure.

Is the password reset window really not available in the Anyconnect program?
Is there any other way to reset the PW in the Anyconnect program?

If you know, please answer.

Thank you,

Best Regards.

Best Regards.

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you use any SAML providers, such as Cisco Duo or Office 365?  Are you able to enable the password reset function in those?

If you can, then change AnyConnect to also use SAML authentication and that same system.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance/AnyConnect_Azure_AD_SA... 

And as a bonus, you will also gain easy MFA capability.

sjlee
Comes here often

No, In case of Cisco Duo,, I only use meraki dashboard login 2 factor authentication..

According to our customer's security policy, we need to reset the password of the SSLVPN account on the AD server when it expires, but it seems that the password reset pop-up function is not provided through the anyconnect program.

I want to know if there is a way to reset the SSLVPN account password through the anyconnect program.

Thank you,

Best Regards.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are referring to the user's password - no.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels