Client VPN and W10 issues - a potential solution

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Client VPN and W10 issues - a potential solution

All,

I have a large client that has a 100% Meraki infrastructure with now 100% of their staff working, we have had intermittent issues with W10 users and client VPN.

It appears that on some W10 installs / builds there is an xBOX live service running which for some reason affects the VPN service - why, on Mr Gates will know - once its stopped and the VPN config deleted and re-installed all was good.

This could be a nothing issue or a something issue but one you can keep in the "I may have a solution" tool box.

Have a great Easter, Passover and Ramadan

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
2 REPLIES 2
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Hey, good catch! I feel like I may have seen that one mentioned before, but I think it's uncommon. Thank you for reminding us about it.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@GaryShainberg wrote:

All,

I have a large client that has a 100% Meraki infrastructure with now 100% of their staff working, we have had intermittent issues with W10 users and client VPN.

It appears that on some W10 installs / builds there is an xBOX live service running which for some reason affects the VPN service - why, on Mr Gates will know - once its stopped and the VPN config deleted and re-installed all was good.

I'm pretty sure (well absolutely sure), that WHGIII knew nothing about this, and that had he been around when it happened, he would have had an impressive hissy fit. In the post-Gatesian era, weird stuff goes down, including "monetising", which is where this xBox nonsense comes in.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels