Client VPN Group Policy deployment with shared secret

SOLVED
jameshottinger
Here to help

Client VPN Group Policy deployment with shared secret

Hi all,

Has anyone figured a way of incorporating the VPN shared secret into a GPO containing the VPN settings to be deployed to users

thanks

james

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @WadeAlsup

i have found a Powershell script we can run on startup:

Add-VpnConnection -AllUserConnection -Name "(vpn_name)" -ServerAddress "(vpn_address)" -TunnelType L2tp -EncryptionLevel Optional -L2tpPsk "(vpn_sharedsecret)" -AuthenticationMethod Pap -Force

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @jameshottinger

I have a link to a Spiceworks article saved in my notes from when I was trying to do the same thing. I never could get a GPO that would include the pre-shared key...but I was able to use the CMAK (Connection Manager Administration Kit) and create a configuration that works for our scenario. It may be worth looking into. 

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/417332-gpo-to-configure-l2tp-vpn

https://www.windows-server-2012-r2.com/create-a-connection-profile-with-the-cmak-wizard.html 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

Hi @WadeAlsup

i have found a Powershell script we can run on startup:

Add-VpnConnection -AllUserConnection -Name "(vpn_name)" -ServerAddress "(vpn_address)" -TunnelType L2tp -EncryptionLevel Optional -L2tpPsk "(vpn_sharedsecret)" -AuthenticationMethod Pap -Force

Thanks

James

Nice!!!

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels