Client VPN Connection Alerts

Solved
SPieroni
Here to help

Client VPN Connection Alerts

Hello,

I am looking to setup an email alert for when users connect to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN.  I have looked under both the Alerts and AnyConnect configs but am coming up empty handed.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no such alert for this.

I have never had a customer request this before - so know that this is a very unusual request.

I'm not sure how I would even go about it.  Perhaps you could write a Python script to call the API every 5 minutes and request the event logs, parse out the AnyConnect client connection events, and then generate an alert based on that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no such alert for this.

I have never had a customer request this before - so know that this is a very unusual request.

I'm not sure how I would even go about it.  Perhaps you could write a Python script to call the API every 5 minutes and request the event logs, parse out the AnyConnect client connection events, and then generate an alert based on that.

Yes, it is a bit out of the norm.  I'll try the scripting route to see if that meets our needs.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels