Client VPN - Blocking Web Email

GregL
Comes here often

Client VPN - Blocking Web Email

I am trying to block web based email for users connected to the client VPN.  I have been told that the only way to do this would be to apply a group policy to each individual client in Network Wide > Clients. This does not seem to be a manageable solution. I know this can be done at the overall firewall level but we don't want it blocked on our Guest Network so my plan is to apply a group policy to our production/workstation VLAN, but this does not cover client VPN.  Has anyone been able to apply a Layer 7 firewall rule like this to client VPN, and if so, how did you do it?  Thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Network-dad
A model citizen

The only way I know its possible to do this is if use cisco Umbrella for DNS... you could block the site you want using cisco Umbrella ...

https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/230904008-Allow-Blocking-a-Site-Best-Practice-

2020-06-09 16_39_56-Client VPN Configuration - Meraki Dashboard and 2 more pages - Work - Microsoft​.png

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels