Clear DHCP leases - Z3C firmware 19.1.3

Solved
252_Masked_Nett
Getting noticed

Clear DHCP leases - Z3C firmware 19.1.3

Hello Good Folks,

Anyone able to clear DHCP leases with any workarounds? Already tried the below (independently), allowing the config to update after saving:

• Cycling DHCP server
  • Reserving entire IP space
  • Extending existing reserved range 

None worked for me. Anyone have add'l ideas besides rebooting.

#dhcp #clear_dhcp 

1 Accepted Solution
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @252_Masked_Nett 

If you are referring to the Z3 itself ,a factory reset will clear leases off of the device. Otherwise, you can edit the DHCP scope from a /24 to a /23 for example, just ensure that the config changes were pushed to the device and the Z3 is up to date before changing it back, typically waiting 5 minutes between changes should suffice.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @252_Masked_Nett 

If you are referring to the Z3 itself ,a factory reset will clear leases off of the device. Otherwise, you can edit the DHCP scope from a /24 to a /23 for example, just ensure that the config changes were pushed to the device and the Z3 is up to date before changing it back, typically waiting 5 minutes between changes should suffice.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it

Yes, I'm referring to the Z3C as the DHCP server.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Reboot the Z3

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Alas that doesn't clear the DHCP leases.  I wish it did.

The way I do it is to turn off DHCP for a little bit, and then turn it on again.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels