Circumvention Technology/Internet Censorship Circumvention

SOLVED
Yifeng
Here to help

Circumvention Technology/Internet Censorship Circumvention

Hello there,

Greetings, does any one know if that can be done by setting up Meraki site-to-site VPN to achieve that. It's kind a little like circumvention technology (or Internet Censorship Circumvention). 

We have branches both in Taiwan and China. We would like to connect to some specific website via Taiwan or China external IP. The network path should be like this, Users (Internal IP) --> US Meraki MX (Internal IP) --> MPLS site-to-site VPN (Internal IP) --> China or Taiwna Meraki MX (External IP) --> Specific Website. 

Or, because we have a class C network can use, is there a way that I can setup a static route in Meraki MX so that we can use a different external IP to reach that website?

Please help, thank you.

Sincerely,

Yifeng

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Inside of the Meraki platform, I don't believe there is a way to do this yet.  I use Layer 7 to block certain countries and there isn't even a way for me to make an exception to that if I want to whitelist a few URLs.  So as @PhilipDAth pointed out, your solution will likely be outside of the Meraki platform. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is probably easiest to deploy a proxy server in each location (like squid).  Then create a WPAD auto-proxy configuration script (which web browsers use) and tell it which sites are to go via which proxy.

You'll want a VPN linking the two sites so users at either site can use either proxy server.

Thanks, I will consider this option.
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Inside of the Meraki platform, I don't believe there is a way to do this yet.  I use Layer 7 to block certain countries and there isn't even a way for me to make an exception to that if I want to whitelist a few URLs.  So as @PhilipDAth pointed out, your solution will likely be outside of the Meraki platform. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels