Cant access my local VMs when Connecting to Cisco AnyConnect full VPN

Mangocis
Here to help

Cant access my local VMs when Connecting to Cisco AnyConnect full VPN

We are using Cisco Secure Client full tunnel for our users, and it works fine. However, we have some developers who are experiencing issues when trying to connect to their VMs in their local VMware environment.

When Anyconnect is connected, and I try to add routes manually on the PC, the routes never get added.

Do you have any ideas or suggestions regarding this issue?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked the routes on Anyconnect app?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If AnyConnect is operating as a full tunnel then there is no need to worry about routes on that side.

Do the VMs have a default route pointing to the MX?  Are they using the correct subnet mask on their LAN adaptor?

Are the VMs running Windows, and have you tried disabling Windows firewall?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I assume the AnyConnect users can access other internal resources ok, and it is just these VMs that are not working?

Mangocis
Here to help

Thanks, all!

I was able to fix the issue by adding 0.0.0.0/32 to the Client routing and enabling the 'Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN' option in the XML profile.

Mangocis_0-1681724648649.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels