Can't access to the web page when MX Contents Filtering set

mutsumi_3232
Here to help

Can't access to the web page when MX Contents Filtering set

Hello!

Does anyone have a  problem to access Internet page when set Contents Filtering?

I use MX75 and set Contents Filtering(category filtering). Then, I can't access to other pages which I don't set as "block".

The incomprehensible is that ping to 8.8.8.8 is reachable, and nslookup works, however; the website access is unsuccessful.

Is there anyone who has the same problem??

Using MX75 set contents filtering, my laptop OS is Windows, browser is Chrome(tried Edge, too)

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Then, I can't access to other pages which I don't set as "block".

What does that mean?  Are you saying you have to set a URL to block to access the web site?

I mean I can't access all web pages which includes I didn't set as "block" category.

Eg. I set video streaming as block category. It is natural not to access Netflix, but I also can't access to Amazon.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you access no web pages with content filtering enabled, or are you trying to allow access to a page within a blocked category by whitelisting it?

Yes, totally no web pages. If I only set "video streaming" as block, however, I can't access to Amazon, too.

mutsumi_3232
Here to help

I mean I can't access all web pages which includes I didn't set as "block" category.

Eg. I set video streaming as block category. It is natural not to access Netflix, but I also can't access to Amazon.

Have you got anything in these fields?

PhilipDAth_0-1728986184492.png

None in that field. I have just set category filtering only.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels