Can Meraki fail over to the spare in case 1 uplink down

SOLVED
CuongPham
Comes here often

Can Meraki fail over to the spare in case 1 uplink down

Hi everyone,

I would like to understand this scenario when 1 of the 2 uplinks of the Primary Meraki is down, but 2 uplinks of the spare is up, will it fails over to the spare? Or can we configure it to do that?

So far what I can find is that the fail-over will only occurs if both of the uplinks are down. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The system will only failover to the spare once both of the uplinks on the primary have failed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The system will only failover to the spare once both of the uplinks on the primary have failed.

Lets take a more complicated case.

Each MX has two uplinks, and each MX has a cellular link.

If both uplinks of the primary MX are down and any uplink on the spare is up it will failover to the spare.

If both uplinks of the primary MX are down and both uplinks of the spare are down, and the celluar is working on the primary it will use the cellular on the primary.

If both uplinks of the primary MX are down and both uplinks of the spare are down, and the celluar is down on the primary it will use the cellular on the spare.

This is not configurable.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair#Cellula...

Thank you for your quick reply.
Yes I have seen the link, but was wondering about when only 1 uplink fails. Now I know the answer.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels