CPU on MX100 vs MX105

Solved
Happiman-v2
Here to help

CPU on MX100 vs MX105

Hello,

CPU usage on the current MX100 is hitting hard, 50~75%. If I upgrade to MX105, what is going to be the expected usage?

Does Meraki have any information on CPUs on MXs?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Happiman-v2 : I dont think this information you can find anywhere..

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have not seen any information published about either CPU performance or relative performance between models.

Because the MX105 has much higher published throughput figures (basically all of the numbers doubled), I would expect your existing CPU load to be about half of what it is now.  But that is just a rank guess.

https://meraki.cisco.com/product-collateral/mx-sizing-guide/?file 

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Happiman-v2 : I dont think this information you can find anywhere..

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

I called the support and the support guy asked me to talk to my account manager to connect the engineering team. Oh well...

Intel x86 CPU's are top secret information apparently. The smaller models are built using various models of SoC like Broadcom.

On the MX models I've pulled the cases off they have serial ports on the motherboard where you can watch the bootup sequence in plaintext, alternatively just pull the heatsink off and look.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I agree with @PhilipDAth , but theoretically (at least at the data sheet level) this model is supposed to perform better.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels