Being alerted when primary or secondary WAN's experience link loss? Using API? Postman?

Solved
252_Masked_Nett
Conversationalist

Being alerted when primary or secondary WAN's experience link loss? Using API? Postman?

Hello good people,

I manage many Meraki MX and Z3 networks (that contain primary and secondary circuits with load balancing and AutoVpn enabled); And I respond to issues via user complaints, email alerts, webhooks, network browsing, etc.  One issue I've come across is WAN links will experience 50%-100% link loss, won't show as 'failed' in the dashboard, so it doesn't trigger an alert.  So the link will be unusable, not showing as down/failed and this is a problem I'm 100% re-active to.  I want to get in front of this kind of issue.

I've used Postman's 'getOrganizationDevicesUplinksLossAndLatency' API requests that'll show 'lookback' times up to 60 days and down to 2 minutes.  Has anyone discovered a clever solution to be notified when WAN link loss is above 'X'% or similar?  The best I could come up with is sending scheduled 'getOrganizationDevicesUplinksLossAndLatency' API request and parsing the JSON responses using JSONata.  

Any thoughts?  Are you having this issue and found a solution that you can share?  

Thanks in advance for your responses!

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can achieve it with Zabbix.

https://www.zabbix.com/br/integrations/meraki

alemabrahao_0-1699977166870.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can achieve it with Zabbix.

https://www.zabbix.com/br/integrations/meraki

alemabrahao_0-1699977166870.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
252_Masked_Nett
Conversationalist

@alemabrahao Thanks dude.  Checking this out now! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels