Bandwidth monitoring

SOLVED
Doar
New here

Bandwidth monitoring

Hi.. Before Meraki, I used to use ClearOS for my Network Management. I can see how big client consuming the bandwidth. When I see the bandwidth full, I know who is consuming the big bandwidth at that time, so I can control it by give him a limit. What about Meraki? I just know bandwidth usage, don't know who consuming the bandwidth at that time until the bandwidth usage is bigger that others, but it would be late to know. 

Does Meraki has this feature (bandwidth monitoring)?

Sorry.. my english is not good. I hope you are understand what I mean.

Cheers

Doar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@Doar wrote:

So I have to check one by one who eat the bandwidth at that time? I hope Meraki add additional column for bandwidth consuming. Because it will difficult to check if we have 100 clients with bandwidth usage 1 gb. it will takes time to check 🙂

Cheers

Donny 

You can enabletraffic analysis as well

Network -> General

Afterwards, under Clients you can see which applications/https content etc. were used and by clicking on "Youtube" you can see which device used it and how much bandwidth was used by the device.

2019-08-06 11_14_05-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.png2019-08-06 11_14_19-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DillonofAnch17
Getting noticed

@Doar Absolutely you can do this several ways! It also depends on the type of network that you have setup. If you could provide screenshots it would be great. 

I see my clients when I select a "Network" dropdown then go > Network Wide it will bring you to a page that has an overview of your entire network with all the clients listed. 

you will see columns in the middle that look like this. You can also click the top of the Usage column to quickly sort by most utilized. Once you find that bandwidth-hogging client you then can click details which will bring you to the device summary page for that client. You will see an awesome graph on the right showing the applications that the device is using so maybe you can create some new policies. 

I know that was long-winded but if you can provide screenshots of what you see. 

Screenshot 2019-08-06 04.05.15.jpg

Thank you @DillonofAnch17 .. yes it is the same with yours 

Annotation 2019-08-06 151750.jpg

So I have to check one by one who eat the bandwidth at that time? I hope Meraki add additional column for bandwidth consuming. Because it will difficult to check if we have 100 clients with bandwidth usage 1 gb. it will takes time to check 🙂

Cheers

Donny 

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@Doar wrote:

Cheers

Donny 

You can enabletraffic analysis as well

Network -> General

Afterwards, under Clients you can see which applications/https content etc. were used and by clicking on "Youtube" you can see which device used it and how much bandwidth was used by the device.

2019-08-06 11_14_05-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.png2019-08-06 11_14_19-Clients - Meraki Dashboard.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels