BGP Configuration in MX 250

SOLVED
HarmeshYadav
Here to help

BGP Configuration in MX 250

Dear Team,

I have Two MX 250 - i will configure it as HA

So presently i am using different firewall

This firewall has already BGP Configured - There are two WAN and One APNIC Pool which is routed to both ISP and inside the network we are using APNIC pool for one to one nating .

SO my question is like how can we configure BGP in meraki mx with latest firmware

can anyone let me know process to do it and what changed require in mx for this?

Below mentioned configuration we require in BGP ,

router bgp (ASNO)

Neighbour (x..x.x.x) remote as XXXX

netwrok (x.x.x.x) mask 255.255.255.0

License we have bought is Advanced Security License

Regards,

Harmesh Yadav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki MX does not support this scenario.  You won't be able to configure BGP to do this.

Options you have available include:

* Ask both ISPs to statically route the prefix to you and redistribute into their BGP for you.

* Deploy a router (or two) in front of the MX to perform BGP for you.  I quite like the C1111-8P (with an AppX licence in your case).  It'll flatline a Gigabit circuit and is well priced.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hey Harmesh,

have you seen that document? https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/BGP

Dear Thanks for your reply 

I have checked this document 

Actually meraki presently configured as a routed mode 

so in this document it saying that we should go with 

One-Armed Concentrator mode 

So in my condition how can i achieve this ?

Because i have two ISP and internet should use from this device and multiple destination nat also i have confiugred 

so what will change when i will move to routed mode to this mode ?

Without changing mode is it possible 

Regards,

Harmesh Yadav

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

with one armed mode your mx wil (in most cases) not directly have a public ip. so your internet needs to be terminated somewhere else. this mode is basically just to terminated and route your vpns with your lan/dc.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/VPN_Concentrator_Deployment_Guide

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The Meraki MX does not support this scenario.  You won't be able to configure BGP to do this.

Options you have available include:

* Ask both ISPs to statically route the prefix to you and redistribute into their BGP for you.

* Deploy a router (or two) in front of the MX to perform BGP for you.  I quite like the C1111-8P (with an AppX licence in your case).  It'll flatline a Gigabit circuit and is well priced.

Thanks for your quick reply and also we have verified with TAC they have also given same reply .

Thank you very much 

Really Appreciate your effort !!!

Regards,

Harmesh Yadav

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels