Azure vmx100 routing between vnets and on-premise

AndyTsai
Just browsing

Azure vmx100 routing between vnets and on-premise

Hi,

We deploy a vmx100 in Azure vnet1 with site-to-site VPN between our locations. We also create a Azure vnet2 with vnet-to-vnet connection to vnet1. Is it possible to route our on-premise traffic to vnet2 through vmx100 in vnet1? 

thanks for any contribution.

6 Replies 6
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

Create a route table in VNET2 that points to your vMX's IP with the appropriate subnets configured. Make sure your on-prem router knows to route the VNET2 subnet through the VPN tunnel and make sure you have the VNET2 subnet configured on the vMX. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

thank you Mrcur.

That's what I did but still not work.

But if changing vnet-to-vnet connection to vnet peering, it works immediately and my on-prem can ping to vnet2 without issues.

what type of changes has been done in peering . please share or explain. 

what type of changes has been done in peering option ?

I'm having the exact same problem, I've done what was suggested but it's not working.

How do you enable vnet peering?

Finally Azure allow peering between different subscription and I can implement my desired routing easy by vnet peering.

I followed the instruction below to set up peering between different subscription and create a routing table attached to vnetB to direct traffic to vmx100 in vnetA. I also defined vnetB subnet in vmx100 site2site vpn setting as one of the local network.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-network-peering-overview

Andy

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels