Azure ARM template - Output variable for assigned IP address

Dustintodd
Conversationalist

Azure ARM template - Output variable for assigned IP address

I am trying to automate the deployment of an Azure application environment including a VMX appliance. I realize that the Marketplace ARM template doesn't appear to have any output variables defined. Ideally, the IP address assigned would be returned as an output variable so I could use that variable in creating the routing table. The current limits on automation in VMX deployment are making this way harder than it should be. Once again. Palo Alto virtual appliances are a walk in the park compared to these restrictions. You can't blame this on Azure, Cisco is just not doing what needs to be done here. 

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How are you automating the registration of the appliance into the Meraki portal?

Thinking about it further.  Once the appliance has come online you could ask the Meraki dashboard for its IP address.

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs/v0#list-the-status-of-every-meraki-device-in-the-organization 

I embedded the Marketplace VMX Arm template into a Terraform plan. I want to configure the route tables in the Azure VNET via Terraform in the same plan. And in Terraform you can reference an output Variable from ARM Template. Which would allow me to use the IP address assigned to the VMX in a next hop for the routes accessible via the VMX. But the ARM Template doesn't output anything. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels