AutoVPN Hub and templates

mat1458
Getting noticed

AutoVPN Hub and templates

Can a hub site be in a network that is bound to a template? (i.e. a template for all hubs in the organization)

When I try to configure this the active MX in the sites never get selectable as hubs in the spoke configuration.

6 REPLIES 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@kYutobi: I do not find anything specific about AutoVPN Hubs in the document. Am I missing something there?

Let me rephrase my question: How does the Meraki Cloud populate the list for hubs in the Site-to-Site VPN configuration for spokes? In my opinion it makes a difference if a hub network is bound to a template or if it's not. I want to understand the reason why it is that way. I did not find any documentation that points this out.

Hi,  Did you get any resolution to your question?  I'm having a similar issue where Hub networks in templates are not showing up in spoke network hub lists.

Hello everyone,

I have found out that we are unable to configure a node to be a spoke off a hub if the hub is bound to a template. This has been bugged to understand the expected behavior as it is not documented within the Template nor the Auto VPN Hub deployment guides. 

I will update this post once I hear back from MX development team. 

Cheers,

Gaurav

Greetings everyone,

I can confirm that AutoVPN hubs should not be added to templates at all. It is not possible to configure an MX as a spoke with an exit hub that is part of a template. I will also update the AutoVPN template and deployment guides ASAP. 

Cheers,

Gaurav

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels