Assign Multiple LAN IP Ranges or Addresses for particular port

Arpit-Patel
New here

Assign Multiple LAN IP Ranges or Addresses for particular port

I am trying to make an inbound rule using port forwarding in the MX100 SD-WAN portal. But when I add a rule for allowing traffic on let's say port 80 (HTTP Incoming) it is allowing me to add only one LAN IP(Private) address whereas my 5 servers are listening to that port for different services. I want to add all of them, I tried but it is not accepting multiple private IPs (LAN IP) nor I can create a new rule with the same port number. Is it possible anyway to do that. As my old Watchgaurd firewall has that rule created and working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5
nealgs
Building a reputation

do you mean you are wanting to have the same port forwarded to 5 different servers??

Can you explain a bit more as i'd be sure that wasn't possible.

Hi Nealgs,

Yes I am looking at that. But I found that I can divert the traffic for single port to multiple servers using 1 to many NAT.

nealgs
Building a reputation

according to Meraki documentation:

Please note that it is not possible to forward a single TCP or UDP port to multiple LAN devices

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX

So i think you may be getting a bit confused - or i am at least - lol 🙂

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yeh @nealgs is correct, you cannot forward one port to multiple hosts. TCP/IP doesn't work that way. No vendor is able to do this. Whatever you did with yoru 1:Many rule it won't do what you think it will do. If you must forward port 80 then you will need additional IP addresses on your WAN. If you have five servers then you need five external IP addresses to forward port 80 five times. 

Thanks Guys, 

I got it what you means to say and I understood where I was wrong. I think @jdsilva is right and I have to think of that. Also I referred the document that is being sent by @nealgs. I understood the concept and I cannot port-forward single to multiple LAN IPs. I cleared all my doubts now and will help to resolve my pain.

I appreciate the help given by you guys.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels