Applying more than 1 Group Policy to VLAN - Feature Request

JHille-BearTech
New here

Applying more than 1 Group Policy to VLAN - Feature Request

I have a Group Policy (GP) on a VLAN called Corp. Generally, this GP needs to be active, always. However, I want to setup another GP with a schedule that is only active during business hours, but is not during off hours and apply to the Corp VLAN (in addition to my always active GP). Obviously, I can't apply a schedule to the always active GP so being able to apply more than 1 GP to a VLAN would be great, if applicable.

2 Replies 2
KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey JHille-BearTech,

Typically feature requests should go through your Account Team or by clicking the "give your feedback" button in the bottom right hand corner of the Meraki dashboard. That being said, what you are requesting can be achieved currently via API with the utilization of a script that would toggle the configuration from one group policy to another during the specified hours.

This the the API call in question: https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/update-network-appliance-vlan/

Hopefully this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is going to require the API, a script, and a program scheduler.  You would schedule a script to run and change the applied group policy.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels